beauty, chanel, chanel vitalumiere aqua cream compact, chanel vitalumiere aqua hydrating and fresh cream compact, cream, foundation, fresh, hydrating & fresh, natural, new, new generation foundations, non comedogenic foundation, oil-free, second skin, spring/summer 2012
After testing for a week, here is what I think;
It is oil – free and non comedogenic.
– Packaging: Elegant and user – friendly
– Price tag: Like all Chanel foundations, it is not cheap. Retails around 49 € in EU.
– Coverage: Medium to buildable coverage with second skin effect
– Staying power: Stays on for hours without touch up and the look gets more natural and fresh in a few hours. Doesn’t change color or oxidize.
– Shades: Limited. Comes in three groups of undertones, Pink toned shades, Beige/Yellow toned shades, and Golden toned shades. 10 Beige, 30 Beige, 40 Beige, 22 Beige rose, 42 Beige rose, 34 Beige Ambre, 54 Beige ambre. Missing 20 Beige which was matching many skin tones (fair to medium). 20 Beige is availbale in US not yet in EU which is a disappointment.
Overall it is for sure a ‘winner’ in compact foundation department. The texture is impressive. Feels very light on the skin, like you have no make up on, and yet the coverage is quite satisfying. I totally recommend this one, if you can manage to find your color match. I bought this in 10 Beige which is a good match at the moment, however I have to get 20 Beige for spring/summer as soon as it is available in EU to have healthier looking skin for nice weather.
Hope you find this review helpful. See you next time and until then take care!