2 years and a baby later, feels right to jump back to the blog vagon and start the journey once again with Hang on Beauty. It’s time to have New Year’s resolutions, right? So here is one of mine.. Let’s keep the hope up that it won’t turn in to the famous ‘ I will work out regularly this year’ kind of a resolution 🙂
In a nutshell, I will take you through my favourites for the past two years that I’ve been away ideally in two parts to avoid a very long post. All the products that helped me to look descent when i had only two hours sleep per night and had to keep up this performance over the past two years… Waking up in the morning and drag myself to work (oh i adopted no cry sleep solution in case you’re wondering, no regrets, peace!).
Skin Care and Make up are your two best friends to cheat and give the impression to your employer that everything is under control.
Without further due, here are the super hero products that come to rescue each time;
– Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm : When you have no time but still you need to look fresh and healthy, cleansing balms are the best with a hot cloth/flannel added to the mix, you look younger in two minutes. They don’t dry your skin, on a tight schedule you can even skip your moisturizer and you get away with it.
This one from Clinique does the job, very accessible and affordable, no fuzz cleansing balm. Just take a minute to massage that in, wipe off with hot cloth and rinse with cooler water, you’re done. Removing it with a hot cloth also acts like mild exfoliator, how cool is that… It is essential for make up to sit right on skin.
Good for all skin types too, which is always plus as you don’t have to think if your skin is dehydrated, dry, combination or all sorts of crazy, it will be good for you, no matter the season. All about practicality folks, all about practicality!
– Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 – Finland : A very forgiving, multi tasking product that you dab on your face with fingers and here comes natural looking, dewy skin and your SPF is done with it. When you have 10 min to get ready, and you have drier, dehydrated skin that other foundations don’t support, this one is life savior. Give it a go, I’m sure you will like it.
– Nars Bronzer & Blusher Combo : Warm up your ghost face in no time that bronzer ‘Laguna’ and if you add a blush to look happy and healthy, Deep Throat is the best shade that lasts all day and gives you the most natural glow. No fuzz friends, no fuzz, just trying to look human and they are the best products that help me achieve the look – human –
– Mac Lipstick in Patisserie : Best ever lip colour I handle at all times. Formula is Lustre and it is a typical your lips but better colour. I adore this one, day and night. Easy to put on, good lasting power, not drying on the lips. This is a well done lipstick that I appreciate on a daily basis. Highly recommended as I believe would suit most skin & lip tones.
– Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black : This is another product that gives good results with minimum effort, as I’m not a big fan to take the time and coat on mascara on my lashes. This one does the job in seconds, seperates, look full and natural, and you don’t have to wait until it is dry. I prefer drier formulas to wet ones when it comes to mascara. You need to get hold of the big fat brush at first but easy, peasy. Love it.
Well well, before I am carried away with my first post in years, let me put the dot here and continue with part 2 of my essentials on another fine day.
Until then, take care!
Happy New Year!